File Taxes

Need help to file your taxes in Texas? AmeriTax is here to help.

What You Need to File Your Taxes in Texas

Filing your taxes in Texas and throughout the United States is often seen as a daunting task,
especially when you’ve never done it before or struggle with the many forms required by the IRS.
However, AmeriTax is here to make the tax filing process much easier. We just need the following
four things, and we can handle tax filing on your behalf from start to finish:

  1. Social security information
  2. Income statements and income types
  3. Tax deduction details
  4. Expenses receipts

1. Social Security Information

We need to ensure we’re filing the taxes for the right people. As a result, we need the full names and social security numbers or tax identification numbers of everyone we’ll be filing for, including your spouse and any dependents.

If you’re worried about confirming the information you provide us is correct, we can use the details from your Social Security cards and government-issued ID with photos, such as a passport, state ID card, or driver’s license.

2. Income Statements and Income Types

In most situations, your employer will report your income directly to the IRS. However, we’ll need W-2 documents from all employers. We’ll also need information about other income earned throughout the year.

For example, we’ll need to file your taxes with a W-2G if you received gambling winnings and 1099-R if you received a pension, IRA, or other insurance contracts and retirement accounts. If you’re unsure about the type of income statements you’ll need to provide, contact us for a free consultation so we can learn more about you.

3. Tax Deduction Details

Tax deductions can reduce your taxable income, which is why we ask if you have any documents to help make necessary deductions, such as:

  • Mortgage interest statements
  • Donations
  • Student loan interest
  • Tuition statements

4. Expenses Receipts

Did you know you can deduct expenses from your personal or business income taxes? All we need are the receipts, and we can take care of the tax deduction paperwork for you.

Personal expenses can include IRA and charitable contributions, medical bills, and education expenses. If you’re self-employed, you might also be able to deduct mileage logs and medical bills alongside your standard business costs.


How to File Your Taxes

When you’re ready to file your taxes for the financial year, you just need to take the following steps:

1. Choose your tax preparer: AmeriTax is open year-round to assist with your tax preparation needs. We can also help with IRS audit assistance, obtaining your ITIN, handling back taxes, and more.

2. Provide your tax details: We just need your Social Security information, receipts, and documentation relating to your income and expenses for the financial year.

3. Sit back and relax: Once your tax preparer has all the information they need, they can file your taxes to the IRS on your behalf. We will contact you if you are due a tax refund. We can provide fast refunds of up to $6,000.

Don’t let the upcoming tax season stress you out. AmeriTax is here to help year-round. Whether you’re filing for the first time or want to make tax filing a more manageable process, contact us today for your free consultation. AmeriTax is proud to be one of the most trusted tax services in North Texas, and we can’t wait to assist with all your tax needs.

AmeriTax is proud to be a locally owned and operated tax preparation service in North Texas, helping individuals and business owners across Texas with their tax needs.


Contact AmeriTax Today


If you haven’t filed your taxes or need to amend your Taxes, contact ameritax now. Simply enter in your zip and someone will respond shortly or call 800-658-1099.
Don’t wait any longer, come by Ameritax now!